Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Cinnamon Roll Cupcakes




Since you asked, here is a food entry. You know I'm not food photographer, right? Along with a million other cravings, I really wanted cinnamon rolls. But I didn't want a big mess, so the recipe for cinnamon roll cupcakes on La Fuji Mama seemed like a pretty good bet.

I thought our new house was much warmer than our old flat. But it turns out it wasn't warm enough as I could not get the dough to rise in our kitchen. I brought it into the living room with me (next to the space heater) and it worked okay. Overall, the rolls were acceptable but a bit yeasty. I would have liked them to raise a little more, next time I'll need to get the heat in the house on a little higher.

I made the dough just like the recipe said, and tried to be obedient in the other steps.

I rolled out the dough in more of a 8 inch x 30 inch rectangle. (Others had mentioned using the original dimensions had made their rolls too big for the cupcake pans.) Because the rolls were a bit smaller than the original recipe I ended up with 32. Brushed on the butter and sprinkled cinnamon and sugar to achieve this beauty:



I rolled and then cut the dough w/dental floss and put the rolls in their individual cups:


Then the dough and I cuddled in the living room for another wee while while the heater got the rolls to raise a little. The tray got put in the oven and the end result:


The craving from lasts week was pumpkin muffins with cinnamon frosting, so I used the leftover frosting. (I love leftovers.) The recipe is pretty close to the frosting on La Fuji Mama, except it has a few teaspoons of cinnamon.




Mmm, frosting. I only cooked 12 on this go, so the rest are in the freezer until the next round of cinnamon roll craving.

4 comments:

AM said...

This is all I ever wanted in life! (You blogging) And who would have thought that cinnamon cupcakes were even an option in life?! I'm doubly happy.

LaModernGirl said...

holy crap... i love pastry. photos of pastry is even better. i read the whole thing and didn't gain a pound. I'm craving cupcakes right now. Yum!

niall and mitch said...

I love you guys. You're nice.

Celeste said...

I didn't realize you were blogging here. Much less WITH RECIPES. Beautiful, beautiful thing, that is.
On another note though. If your kitchen is too cold for the dough to rise, you can heat the oven to 200, turn it off, and then put your dough in a heat-safe bowl, covered with a damp cloth. It works for me. :)