Friday, December 11, 2009

Cornmeal Muffins



Uh, did I mention I can't stop baking things in cupcake tins? But come on, it makes baked goods seem less formidable. And handheld. And I don't even need a knife to dish up a serving!

So, I have this cookbook that probably half of Utah owns called "Favorites: A Collection of Favorite Ivory Family Recipes". A family put it together and it was so popular that they sold it to raise money for The Make a Wish Foundation. The cookbook is one of my favorites and I do use a lot of recipes from it. The cornmeal muffin recipe is from this cookbook.

Ingredients
2/3 cup cornmeal
1 1/4 cup flour
1/3 cup sugar
1 Tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 cup milk

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix dry ingredients in a bowl.


Add the oil and milk and stir just until moistened.


Either grease the tins or use paper liners. Spoon the batter into muffin tins, filling half full. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Makes 12 muffins.




No comments: