Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Broccoli Casserole


I have been trying to trick myself into eating vegetables, but it hasn't been working. So I have resorted to Utah cookery to increase my veggie intake. (That means add cheese, mayo and canned soup. I know not everyone loves mayo, but I think it's delicious.) My mom makes this casserole for Thanksgiving and it's probably my favorite dish. So I made a half portion of it today.

Ingredients

1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 c grated cheese (cheddar)
1/2 c mayonnaise
1 beaten egg
2 T grated onion
2 crowns broccoli

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Wash and cut the broccoli into bite size pieces. Steam it slightly, leaving it undercooked.


While the broccoli is steaming, mix together the other ingredients in a separate bowl.


Spread the sauce over the broccoli in an oven safe dish.


Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to set for about 10 minutes before serving. Tell yourself that at least you're eating something healthy (it worked for me.)



1 comment:

AM said...

OK - here's a mayo dish that i might like!
And remember how i ate veggies everyday for a year in 2008 because of you (and Stephen Covey).