Thursday, January 28, 2010

Mexican Open-Faced Tart

If you're Mexican, please don't be offended. I just didn't know what to call this.

I couldn't be bothered to plan dinner. But I remembered I had puff pastry in the fridge. (I have never used it, but bought it to try to make Portuguese pastries...more on that later.) And there were some other things in the fridge. So this was dinner.

Ingredients
1/2 sheet puff pastry, thawed and ready to use
1/2 can refried beans
Enchilada sauce
chopped onion
chopped red bell pepper
chopped tomato
mozzarella cheese
sour cream and salsa as garnish

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Cut the pastry sheet and place it on a baking tray. Layer with refried beans, enchilada sauce and cheese. Sprinkle the onion, pepper and tomato on top. Bake for 20 minutes (or maybe a little less if you, unlike me, don't think burnt is a flavor.)


Remove from the oven and serve. Makes 2 servings.



No comments: