Saturday, January 30, 2010

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies


Niall likes to take cookie requests at work. One of his colleagues is changing jobs. And they're having a special coffee morning for the guy. Niall asked his colleague for a cookie request and the answer was pumpkin. The problem is I haven't been able to find any pumpkin, so I used butternut squash.

I got a medium squash, halved it and baked it in the oven for about 30 minutes, let it cool, scooped it and smashed it. I used 1 cup for the recipe and froze the rest. I make these cookies a lot, Emily gave it to me years ago. It was a nice change to have the squash. It only changed the flavor slightly.

Makes 40 cookies.


Ingredients
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cup sugar
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/2 cup flour (perhaps a little more)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt
6 oz chocolate chips

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Cream the butter with sugar.


Blend in pumpkin, egg and vanilla.


Add dry ingredients and blend well. Add chocolate chips.

Scoop onto baking trays and bake for about 10-12 minutes.



No comments: