Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Baked Potato Chips


Yet another recipe from Cookie Madness.  I really cannot stop craving junk food.  It was all I could do not to buy a package of potato chips (or crisps as I'm supposed to call them locally) at the store today.  But I caved and made these.  And I even baked them long enough that I got a fair share of chips baked the way I like them...burnt.

I used a knife to thinly slice 1 1/4 pound of potatoes (new potatoes.)  Not all the slices were the same width, which meant some cooked more than others.


Tossed in a bowl with 1/2 Tablespoon of olive oil.


Lined two baking sheets with parchment (baking) paper and laid the slices out, trying to make it so they didn't overlap too much.  Then I sprinkled sea salt on top.

Baked at 375 degrees F with one pan above the other, switching the placement of baking sheets halfway through. (Moved the sheet on the top to the bottom shelf and vice versa.)


And here is the finished product.  See those unappetizing dark brown (or, uh, black) chips in the corners?  Those were my favorite.  Let cool for a few minutes and serve.

1 comment:

AM said...

PS the dark ones look like the most delicious ones!