Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Raspberry Pudding


I started making mini cheesecakes and realized I only had enough cream cheese for 7 little cakes.  Since I had already made the graham cracker crust, I decided to make a pudding for the remaining 5 muffin tins.  For the life of me I can't find pudding mix here (uh, which I love) so made a small batch of pudding from scratch.  This made just over a cup of pudding.

Ingredients

1 egg yolk
1 Tablespoon cornstarch (cornflour)
1/4 cup sugar
1 cup milk (I used 2%)
3/4 cup raspberries

In a saucepan, mix together the egg yolk, sugar and cornstarch over low heat.



Add the milk and continue stirring.  Raise the heat to medium and stir until the mixture boils and thickens.  (Make sure not to let it scorch and continue stirring to keep it smooth.)  




Add the raspberries and remove from the heat.  Add the vanilla.  I poured the pudding into the muffin tins (lined with paper, with a base of digestive biscuit crumbs mixed with butter) and cooled in the fridge for about two hours.

No comments: