Friday, April 30, 2010

Broccoli Potato Casserole



We're moving.   Last time we moved I ended up throwing away so much food on moving day.  It kind of broke my heart.  So many good cheeses and half used bottles of sauce.  So this time round I've been trying to use up what we have in the house and it has resulted in some, uh, interesting concoctions.  Most of them I've only inflicted on Niall, but this is one that I liked enough to make again.  It used up some leftover mashed potatoes.

Ingredients
1 head of broccoli, washed and chopped into small pieces
1 cup mashed potatoes
1/2 cup mozzarella
1/2 medium yellow onion, chopped
1/2 cup mayonaisse
salt and pepper
2 eggs

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Partially cook the broccoli.  (I steamed it in the microwave for a few minutes.)  Place in a casserole dish.



In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs.  Then mix in the mashed potatoes and stir for a minute or two.  Add the mayo, onion and salt and pepper and mix well.  Pour over the broccoli and cover with cheese.


Bake uncovered in the oven for 20-25 minutes until hot and bubbly.  Serve hot.

No comments: