Monday, April 26, 2010

Enchilada Soup with Chicken


This soup could also be called Keeping the Sabbath Day Holy Soup because I made it with the ingredients we had on hand.  The plan was to go to the store on Saturday evening but Niall and I both were so tired we fell asleep.  And on Sunday we had friends coming over for dinner so I made do with what we had in the house.

Ingredients

4 cups chicken stock
1 cup chicken (I used roasted chicken)
2 cups vegetables (I used radishes, onion and Peperoncini peppers)
1 1/2 cups enchilada sauce
1 can kidney beans
salt and pepper to taste
bay leaf

In a large pot, simmer the vegetables and chicken stock until the vegetables are soft.  Puree.



Add the chicken, enchilada sauce, bay leaf, seasoning and beans (undrained).  Cook until warm.  (Or put it in a crock pot for eight hours with a bay leaf like I did.)

No comments: