Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Easy One Bowl Brownies


 I finally found an easy go to recipe for brownies that doesn't require baking chocolate (a rarity in these parts) and actually works in the UK.  (I've made so many bad batches of brownies here it's kind of a tradition.)  It really is easy and they turned out great.  They're gone now.  I wish I could eat one right now.

The recipe is here- The Sisters Cafe.

If I hadn't used a metal bowl, it really would have been one bowl.  (I used a ceramic bowl to melt the butter in the microwave.)

The recipe was great.  The only extra thing I did was line the pan with greased foil because it makes it so much easier to wash.  My photos are rubbish, but the brownies are great. 


Update: I've had some problems with the link so am pasting the recipe below:

1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup canola or vegetable oil
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup cocoa
4 eggs
3/4 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
1 3/4 cup flour
1 cup chocolate chips (although I never measure--I just sprinkle them on top)


Preheat oven to 350. In a medium bowl melt butter in microwave, then stir in oil, sugar and cocoa. With a wooden spoon stir in the remainder of the ingredients except for the chocolate chips. Spread into a 9x13 pan sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the top. Bake in a preheated oven for 25-30 minutes. If your toothpick comes out clean you have cooked them too long! DO NOT OVERCOOK!

No comments: