Saturday, September 11, 2010

Momofuku Shortcakes with Macerated Strawberries and Whipped Cream


I was in the local food market and English strawberries were on sale.   They looked so perfect and small.   So I bought them and made the Momofuku shortcakes.  I was worried that macerated strawberries would mean adding all these extra ingredients to the beautiful little berries.  But it was only a little sugar, which was divine.  The shortcakes are good and sweet and salty.  But my first attempt did not turn out well.  The shortcakes were flat. 


For the next batch I added more flour and made the shortcakes a little bigger.  The cookbook said to bake for 11 minutes.  But it was closer for 15 for me.  These shortcakes turned out much better!


I wasn't sure about the sour cream whip cream, but a day later...I'm sold.  The dessert is really filling, and less sweet than the strawberry shortcake I'm used to.  But I liked it and I'll have it again.

No comments: