Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Cleaning Cupboard


We had this odd empty space at the end of our kitchen counter.  I think the previous owner had a freezer with a top opening lid.  We decided to build a storage cupboard to hold the vacuum and cleaning supplies.  But after all the home improvement we've done around here we needed a place to house some of the work materials as well.  Plus, it gave us a chance to use the other wardrobe door.

I drew up some plans (the photo of the paper is useful, right?) and had 18 mm (3/4 inch) plywood cut at the lumberyard.  I used the Kreg Jig, screws (I think 1 1/4 inch, maybe 1 1/2 inch) and wood glue to join the plywood.  Then the handyman adjusted the wardrobe door and attached it.


There are a few short shelves along the back of the cupboard for supplies.  But I wanted to leave a large enough space in the front for easy access to the vacuum, mop and brooms.



1 comment:

Katherine Lewis said...

What can't you do? Nothing intimidates you. You are amazing! How can we see pics of Margaret? I'm dying to see what she looks like now that she is over a year old! Can you believe how fast this goes?